Sunday, November 7, 2010

CVS Sunday

After the festival yesterday I was feeling pretty tired, so I took a nap. After waking up, I was very, very achy and continued to be so through this morning. I kept getting worse and ended up at a clinic that is open on Sundays.   :-/  The blood test showed some elevated white blood counts, but not enough to say what was going on, so I'm just resting and seeing if I am coming down with something or not.
On our way back from the clinic we went by a CVS, so we stopped in for my weekly coupon shop.
If you remember from last week, I ended up with $19 in CVS bucks. We got an email coupon for $5 off any $30 or more purchase. Here's what I got with $1.44 out of pocket (and received $5 bucks back):
Like I've mentioned before, my husband will only use Aquafresh toothpaste, and it is buy one, get one free this week. He also misses English chocolate, so when Cadbury's is on sale I like to get him some. Unfortunately they were out of the fruit & nut, which is his favorite. 
The Gain dish soap is on sale for $0.99, but there are $1 off coupons in the 10/10 Red Plum inserts, so I got two bottles with the two coupons I had. The Goldfish crackers were to help bring the total up fro $30... and just because I like them.
The extrabucks deal I did was for if you bought $15 worth of Lysol and Finish products you got $5 back.
I bought 2 Lysol disinfecting wipes which were 2 for $8 and used two $1 off coupons from today's paper.
I also bought 3 boxes of Finish dishwasher tabs, which is the brand we normally buy anyway, and used two $0.75 off coupons from today's paper. Not a bad deal.
All in all, according to my receipt I saved $54.18. Normally Husband doesn't come with me on these trips, and he said he is always amazed to see the total go down so much. 
I think the cashier was as well.
Now some of you may be thinking "Hawlie, do you really need all that [dish soap, toothpaste, disinfecting wipes, shampoo, laundry detergent etc] that you get each week?" and the answer is no. I gather items that I have gotten for free or near free that is more that what I will use, and when I accumulate a sizable amount, I donate it to a local shelter or charity that has those items on their wishlist. I have especially been motivated by The Penny Experiment which details a man's quest turn one penny into one million dollars worth of food to donate to his local food shelters.

You can find other CVS deals for this week here

4 comments:

  1. Nice trip! Lots of goodies. My hubby likes Colgate and I have been able to stock on it at CVS the last few months, too. I would like to invite you to link up your CVS shopping trips each week at Simply CVS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back to say thanks for linking up your CVS shopping trip at Simply CVS. And I missed saying last time in reference to what you do with all your stuff, when CVS deals had higher limits I had one of my regular cashiers say once, "what do you do with all of this stuff?" I was able to name off several local charities that we donate to. I still donate, it just isn't in such large quantities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling to well HH! How are you feeling now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. doing well now, thanks! it just sucked that i had to use some of my vacation time up calling in sick.

    ReplyDelete