Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving is the new Black Friday?

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I was at work from 9:30am-6pm. I got to my parent's house after everyone had eaten, but they saved dessert until I arrived.
Apart from that, I did make some runs to CVS as they started their shopping deals today (and these go through Saturday, so the deals are still valid if your store has stock and you want to brave the crowds that will inevitable be all over tomorrow).
I don't plan on doing any Black Friday shopping myself, except for maybe having a look at Tulle which will have everything 50% off with free shipping tomorrow (you can find some of their stuff on ModCloth as well)

Anyway, I actually got paid quite a bit to shop at CVS today. I paid $9 out of pocket, got everything you see below*, and have $35.84 in CVS bucks that I got back to use in the future.

*not pictured is another of the 3-pack Listerine pocket strips which are in my desk at work and a dark chocolate Reeses cup package which I ate this afternoon.
Amount Saved: $61.33
CVS bucks for later: $35.85
Out of pocket: $9.81  
If I wasn't at work most of the day, I might have bothered to split it up into more transactions than I did and worked a little harder into getting it to a smaller out of pocket amount, but still can't complain with almost a $27 profit! 

check out all the great deals through Saturday here

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I don't know why I didn't purchase the organics shampoo???? I might have to go back today and see if there is any left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely go back, especially because on some of the bottles there was a tag for getting a rebate, making the deal even better!

    ReplyDelete