Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus!

So today, March 1, is Saint David's Day, who is the patron saint of Wales.
People often wear daffodils to celebrate, and I can remember at university seeing the first signs of spring around this time with the daffodils starting to bloom.
So it was nice to see daffodils here in Texas today.
It is already quite warm for the beginning of March. I'd be happy if it doesn't get any hotter, but, alas, the nice weather won't last. There have been brush fires around Texas the last couple days, and one near Camp Mabry in Austin yesterday.
We need some rain!
I thought this dress was nice and Springlike, but I am beginning to think I have too many blue dresses. I'm just drawn to them for some reason.
I named him Petey the peacock
Plaque: Small Tree of the Year 2009.

Dress & Shoes: Forever 21  Necklace: Primark   Location: Mayfield Park

2 comments:

  1. I remember picking daffodils as a child and bringing them to my mother. It always brings a smile to my face when I see them.

    Maybethisdoor.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun!
    i don't remember ever noticing daffodils here in austin, but after living in Wales where they were more common and held more significance I was happy to see some around.

    ReplyDelete