Sunday, May 15, 2011

Recent Happenings

Capital One partnered up with Hey Cupcake! to have a buy 1 get 4 free cupcake promotion to promote their new high interested account.  
Five cupcakes for $3. Not  bad!


For Mother's Day my siblings and I put together a meal for my mom and the family. My sister made these awesome s'more cookies, which are pretty much a s'more wrapped in chocolate chip cookie dough and baked. Each cookie was about the size of a small plate.

And speaking of my mommy, she was just named Crossing Guard of the Year in Austin, and was named in the Austin Crossing Guard Day Proclamation at City Hall, and given the proclamation by the mayor!
with the Mayor and other Crossing Guards and the official photographer in the way.
Husband showed us these UK road safety videos that apparently would be shown in theaters before kids movies

On May 5 we went with a co-worker of mine to La Condesa/Univision/Gowalla's Cinco de Mayo Block Party
On Friday and Saturday this week I went around playing the Austin City Limits Festival Lottery where they announced several locations each day that had scratch off tickets announcing bands who will be playing the festival and one 'golden' ticket each day would win the holder 2 VIP passes.
I didn't win. Neither did any of the people I went around to the locations with.
It was a cool idea, but poorly implemented. I don't want to complain much on here, but hopefully they listen to all the complaints (and I'm not talking about people complaining about the actual line-up) on their FB page if they do something like this again next year.

Husband and I watched Thor yesterday afternoon. I had heard good things about it, but went in with zero expectations. I'm not familiar with the Thor storyline at all, but I enjoyed it. I didn't really feel much of the connection between Thor and Natalie Portman's character. "ooh we've known each other 3 days. we're so in love! I'll never stop looking for you!" But apart from that it was a good film! If you go see it, make sure to stay after the credits for a teaser about the upcoming Avenger's film.

Today after I work I spent the afternoon making Oreo Truffles
They were super easy, but a little time consuming waiting for them to chill. I think if I make them again (and I think Husband will make sure I make them again) I'll use a little more cream cheese.
And I definitely didn't get 48 truffles out of it, more like 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment