Saturday, June 10, 2017

Bristol Street Art

My last post was already getting quite long, so I figured I would post these on their own.

As you've probably noticed, I enjoy looking at street art and Bristol is a great place for that, particularly in the Stokes Croft area of the city, which is where I was primarily hanging out. This is in no way a comprehensive gallery of all that you can see - just a couple of photos of ones that amused me or that I enjoyed.

Although is true identity is still a secret, it is theorized that Banksy is from Bristol or a nearby small town because a lot of his work has been based here. My first ever visit to Bristol, which took place in 2009, just happened to coincide with his takeover of the city museum.

This is one of his earlier murals that gained a lot of attention, done over 3 days in 1999. 

There was a big election in the UK on Thursday night, so there were a number of political pieces at the moment. Not necessarily art, but visible public messages

There were three in the bed and the little one said "These NHS cuts are getting bad"



Some have strong feelings about street artists who use stencils














No comments:

Post a Comment